Compulsive spending is like any addiction and may require professional assistance of a bankruptcy attorney. Debtors Anonymous is a group that helps people curb excessive spending habits.
If you feel you are spendaholic there are certain things you need to ask yourself.
- Are your debts making your home life unhappy?
- Does the pressure of your debts distract you from your daily work?
- Are your debts affecting your reputation?
- Do your debts cause you to think less of yourself?
- Have you ever given false information to obtain credit?
- Have you ever made unrealistic promises to your creditors?
- Do you ever fear that your employer, family or friends will find out the extent of your debt?
- Has the pressure of your debts ever caused you to consider getting drunk?
Although the term spendaholic may have an inane connotation, it is a serious condition and must therefore be approached like any other addiction. Spending too much is one of the main causes of debt and therefore forces many people into bankruptcy. If you feel like you have a serious problem, it is time to reevaluate your spending habits and get your financial life back on track.
If you are having financial hardship and are considering filling for bankruptcy in Fair Oaks, CA, please call Fair Oaks bankruptcy lawyer at our office at (916) 971-8880 for a FREE confidential bankruptcy consultation.
“We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.”
Law Office of Robert W. Fong
Fair Oaks Bankruptcy Lawyer
Robert W. Fong